Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 30, 2021

Sterling Effort

At 1.15pm today it was looking to be another zero sales day 😳

Unheard of 😳

So I decided to get the magic brass singing bowl out to do some cleansing and to refresh and renew the energy in the space.

I made up a couple of positive chants and reminded myself and the shop why we were there.

Just after 1.30pm, three ladies from Hervey Bay walked through the door. They come out once a year and always come to the shop, so thanks to them, I did NOT have a zero sales day!

Thank you Universe 🙏

Thanks to Adoring Husband’s impeccable timing with his ‘good morning’ phone call, I was running a little bit late this morning and it was five past nine by the time I opened the shop.

Also unheard of!

Putting my quiet time to good use, I decided renew my passport and was in the middle of that process when The Brains Trust came for a visit.

I always love visits from my girls and we chatted for well over an hour and she went on her merry way just before midday.

Forgetting all about my passport, I made myself some lunch and a cup of tea.

I was on my trike and pedalling home by 2.10pm.

When I arrived home I had to clean up the pee that psychotic dog kindly left for me on the kitchen floor, I did some washing, cooked up a batch of dog food, mopped the laundry floor and the hallway, tried to set up a photo shoot for a photography challenge but gave up.

I hopped on my trike and rode off to do Adoring Husband’s job ... once again it began to rain just as I finished ... but it wasn’t as heavy tonight so I rode home in it, which was quite pleasant.

Now I’m going to package up the dog food and climb into bed.

Today’s bubba pics ...



What a little cutie 🥰 

Nite all.

No comments: