Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Going Solo

I needed a woollen poncho to ride to work at 6.30 this morning!

It’s not as cold as Melbourne, by any means, but 16°C is a big drop from our more recent minimums.

There were only six of us at meditation this morning. 

I think our regulars have misunderstood the dates we are not meditating, so we need to communicate with them during the week.

It was nice to see The Gypsy and some of our regulars this morning. We did something different and sat in a circle for our class and everyone got involved in the discussions.

Sales were even better than yesterday which was great but my afternoon really dragged on. The last 90 minutes were slow and I was watching the clock, something I don’t normally do!

It was a very windy ride home, sometimes into a head wind which wasn’t pleasant, but I made it safe n sound.

At 5pm I got changed and rode to do Adoring Husband’s job. By the time I’d finished, it was dark and I realised that only the tail light on my trike works. I might have to tape a torch to the front of my trike for the remainder of the week.

Here are today’s bubba pics ...


Now I’m off to bed.


Nite all.

No comments: