Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Strange One

Today was a strange kind of day.

I opened the shop right on time and picked up my mail, some of which was new stock.

Adoring Husband phoned to let me know that the car broke down 60kms from Armidale! The dashboard lit up and the car went into ‘limp’ mode and lost power.

He called an hour later to say that he got it going and was now 30kms from Armidale.

Aggie dropped by for a visit and while she was there, my cleaner (Happy Hippy) turned up, so I gave her a task to do until I was free to set up the training room for Saturday’s art class. After Aggie left, Happy Hippy and I lay down the drop sheet and set up the tables with their protective covers.

Afterwards, HH did some more dusting to fill her hour.

AH called to say he’d dropped the car into the Mitsubishi dealer to be fixed.

There would have been at least 40 people through the shop today, yet I didn’t make a solitary sale!

If I recall correctly, that’s the third zero sales day in almost 4 years.

This is the kind of day where I recite my favourite quote “Being OK if it happens and OK if it doesn’t, is a powerful place to be”.

I’m OK.

I did my shopping, piled everything into the basket of my trike and just as I was about to leave, AH called with a story about the poor service by the dealership but the car was fixed ... thank goodness! The car was only serviced last week!

It was 2.40pm when I pulled into our driveway. Psychotic dog Colli was excitedly waiting for her dinner so I unpacked my paraphernalia and fed her.

I had an hour to play with before heading off on my trike to do AH’s job.

Just as I finished, the heavens opened and the rain pelted down! The receptionist from the Medical Centre invited me inside until it passed. At one point, the rain was almost horizontal!

After about 15 minutes I got to ride home through some fairly big and fairly deep puddles.

I’ve just discovered that I forgot to put my footy tip in for tonight’s game. That’s annoying 😖



I’m off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: