Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 26, 2021

Sweet Sleep

I love my bed.

That is all.

I had a very lazy start to my day.

Before I climbed into bed last night, I unpacked my suitcase and except for the washing, you wouldn’t even know I’d been gone.

Knowing there was nothing to do in the morning meant I could sleep soundly and stay in bed for as long as I liked (as if that’s different to any other day that I don’t work haha) so I remained in bed until lunch time.

Adoring Husband and I watched a movie while munching on avocado/tuna/lemon/pickled onion with wafer crackers after which we shopped for food for dinner and then drove to my happy place to clear the training room of all the art stuff from before I left.

AH reattached a hanging rack to the wall while I vacuumed the floors and cleared the kitchen sink of all the cleaned art tools, cups and cloths from the last art class.

We set up the tables for morning coffee and journaling and all up, we were out of the house for about 2 hours.

After we got home with our snacks, we watched another movie on Netflix and I prepared dinner.

Snapper fillets fried in lemon butter with salad and a hash brown.

Now we are watching Big Brother!

AH has a big day starting early in The Bay tomorrow, so I will be triking to work and opening the shop on my own. 

I’m looking forward to getting back into it.

Now I’ve got some ironing to do for AH before he goes away.





Nite all.

No comments: