Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 25, 2021

She’s Back

That’s me!

I’m back!

Adoring Husband and I are both exhausted because we’ve both been travelling all day.

AH was in Eumundi almost an hour before my flight even left Melbourne!

We stopped at Bohemian Bungalow in Eumundi for lunch. My online reservation was received but obviously wasn’t necessary because there were only two other tables of people.

There was a solo entertainer playing guitar and singing great old bluesy rock and roll songs from the 60s and 70s. He had a fabulously deep gravelly voice and he made those old songs his own. It was impossible not to sing along and dance in the sitting position.

The food was disappointing and we asked for fresh pineapple juice but received a glass of tinned juice.

Still, the music made up for it.

Apart from the obligatory semi trailer sitting on our butt for half an hour, we had a good run home.

My morning had a bit of a glitch where somehow my Uber ride was cancelled. Luckily I had Vegan Chickie there to fix it for me because I have no idea how that happened and I felt a little bit panicked.

My Uber driver was a rather large man who seemed to have trouble with green lights 😳

We stopped for red lights and when they turned green, he didn’t move! Every time! Only when cars sped past him did he realise he should move! Very strange.

It cost me $85 for the 45 min drive. A taxi quoted $120 for the same trip.

There was very little traffic on the road and when we hit the four lane highway, there was just us and one other car way ahead of us for about 10kms.

There was no human contact or communication to drop off my bag and collect my boarding pass.

I stopped at one machine to print out the luggage tag and the boarding pass then walked to another machine that weighed my bag, accepted it and told me to go to Gate 6.

Very strange.

I found myself a cup of tea, a bottle of water and some mentos to suck on while taking off and landing.

Due to unexpected changed wind conditions, my flight left Melbourne almost 30 minutes late but arrived at the Sunny Coast right on time.

I did get to give my Chicklet a final hug goodbye early this morning. That was important.

We had an easy dinner and are both counting the minutes to when we think it’s appropriate to fall into bed.

I must say I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

It was a lovely week with the family and my BTATT (best thing about the trip) was seeing Chicklet waiting for me at the airport the day I arrived. Overwhelmed.

Meeting and cuddling little Hazie was a highlight and having her sleep on my chest for 2 hours was really special.

Seeing how in love Vegan Chickie and Mr Perfect are, warmed the cockles of my heart.

Meeting his family finished the trip off beautifully. They were a blast and I know my family are in good Melbourne hands.

The WTATT (worst thing about the trip) was the cold weather. Brrrrrrrr. My Eumundi jumper saved my life.

On that note, I’m outta here.










Nite all.

No comments: