Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 7, 2021

Another Flourish!

By noon today, I had zero sales.

But I had visits from a couple of my faves, The Brains Trust and Aggie who missed each other by about one minute!

Another newcomer to our town has decided to become a regular visitor. She seems lovely - time will tell.

The afternoon saw customers dribbling through the door and spending money.

I have a number in my head and when sales reach that number, I lock up at the end of the day feeling relaxed and happy. I reached that number today. 

It reached that number because two women walked through the door just five minutes before closing time and spent the required amount of money.

Thank you Universe.

I ordered more stock because my centre table is looking a bit sparse.

Adoring Husband had an appointment early in town which meant that I had to ride my trike to work. That was fine because it’s a nice fresh way to start my day but at the end of the day, motivation to ride is pretty low. 

I decided to use that riding time to catch Pokémon! I’m up to 112 different Pokémon. I have multiples of some of them so my total is 296. I honestly have no idea what I’m doing but I continue anyway.

AH cooked dinner tonight, as he does.

Thank you 😘

We are watching the Sharks vs Panthers nrl game. Sharks are getting thrashed, much to AH’s distress.

Now I’m off to play music trivia.

Nite all.


No comments: