Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 3, 2021

What Was I Thinking?

I was feeling enthusiastic and motivated this morning.

An unusual occurrence!

I got up at 8am, removed the dry clothes from the line, chucked a load in the machine, cooked myself steak, egg, tomato & avocado for breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and refilled the dishwasher, hung out the washing and began switching bathrooms.

Except for when we are accommodating visitors, the ensuite bathroom has been used exclusively by Adoring Husband and I use the main bathroom. Our ensuite is very small and doesn’t have enough storage space for both AH’s and my toiletries.

Now that AH has moved to the back bedroom, I decided it was time to switch bathrooms.

I cleared out all the cupboards and drawers in both bathrooms, scrubbed them all clean and then transferred AH’s many toiletries to the main bathroom and mine to the ensuite. I washed the ensuite walls and scrubbed out the shower recess, inside and out.

This took more than three hours and neither bathroom is completely clean yet.

It was time to have a shower, wash my hair and head off to the shop to disassemble the training room and set up for morning coffee and the journaling class.

I usually have AH’s assistance to do this, but I took my time (over an hour) and slowly folded the big tables and moved them against the wall, cleared all the paints, tools, canvases, aprons, tubs and other paraphernalia. 

I set up the morning coffee table and chairs as well as the journaling table and chairs.

Then it was time to ride the trike to where I had to do AH’s job.

I was halfway there when I heard a car horn behind me.

Even though he wasn’t due home until tomorrow, it was AH greeting me. He stopped the car and we hugged and kissed our hellos. He told me to go home and he will resume work in the morning.

I was ever so grateful.

Right now, my body is stiff and aching. I can’t remember the last time I did so much bending, stretching, kneeling, walking, lifting and using body parts that haven’t been used for probably years!

I am looking forward to snuggling into my bed tonight and sleeping soundly til morning. I know my poor old body will appreciate it.



Nite all.


No comments: