Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Pop of Colour

I was a pop of colour today!

I wore these together ...


... and pink is very UN-me!

I felt very happy and colourful. I had to go directly from the shop to a Tupperware party and I felt good in my outfit and very comfortable.

Sales were good in the shop, but not as good as you would expect for Mother’s Day weekend.

I had to order new Roz’s Happy Place stickers, some organza jewellery bags, satin drawstring bags, timber earring stands to fit in the glass cabinets and a few other knick knacks, so that was fun.

I haven’t been to a Tupperware party for about 20 years. The only item that they still have from way back then, and which has been around for the 60 yrs that Tupperware has been in existence is this ...

I reckon every family on the planet had one of those in their home!

My Tupperware order was more extensive than I expected, but I got everything I wanted and was not inspired to have a party. 

They seem to focus a lot of their products on microwave cookware. I haven’t owned a microwave oven for 13 years and looking at the poor health of the presenter who has been doing this for more than 20 yrs and does all of her home cooking in the microwave, she is not a positive example of microwave cooking.

She also sprouted old outdated nutritional facts so I was not impressed by the false dietary information she was sharing.

Tupperware are well known for their quality storage containers so I chose a couple of small sets, a whisk, a combination lemon juicer/zester and something else that I can’t remember.

The presenter prepared three dips - 1. roasted beetroot 2. cannelloni bean 3. avocado & basil + grilled chicken skewers in the microwave + Ruby Riccadonna & passionfruit sorbet slushy + GF chocolate cake

All but the chicken was GF and I enjoyed all of her creations.

There was good banter and lots of silliness because all of the guests were my usual art girls and we are very comfortable with each other by now.

It was a nice afternoon.

I was lucky enough to score a lift home so AH didn’t have to drive out to pick me up. She lives 12 minutes out of town.

Adoring Husband prepared his own dinner because my belly was too full of the days goodies to eat.

Now I’m feeling positively weary. I think I’ll sleep well tonight.

I’m looking forward to, at the very least, a lazy start to my Sunday.

Happy weekend everybody!



Nite all.

No comments: