Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Early Bird

Because I struggle to get to the shop for meditation at the agreed time of 6.45am, today I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual.

It didn’t help 😳

I got to the shop at precisely 6.45am but it was a struggle.

I purchased this from The Gypsy ...

It’s a professional baby doll used to teach parents how to massage their Bub, change nappies etc

I named him Noah and I promise not to push him around town in a stroller. He might come on our road trip in November - I have some fun ideas for photos!

It was nice to have some quality time with The Gypsy before the hoards arrived - although it wasn’t really a hoard because it wasn’t a full house. A few stayed afterwards for a chat and that was a bit of fun.

Sales were good but I had to stay open an extra 15 minutes for a customer who phoned and asked me to put a bag aside for her. She thought I closed at 3pm but luckily she turned up at ten past two so the sale was added to today’s tally. Topped it off nicely.

We got some solid rain this afternoon with a line of storms that swept through south west Queensland.

I cooked up a nice batch of chicken soup this evening using mixed mushrooms, carrot, onion, pak choy and of course, chicken! It was delicious!

A Big Brother hit and now at 11pm I’m ready to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: