Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 6, 2021

With a Flourish!

“Flourish” IS my word for the year and today I certainly finished with a flourish!

It had been a pretty slow day and by the time my cleaner (The Happy Hippy) arrived at 1pm, I had given up hope of a big sales day - because people rarely come through the door during the last hour of the day.

For this reason we opened up two small folding tables and began transferring all the stock from the main table in the centre of the shop, so that I could swap the blue table cover for the gold one. I wanted to wash the blue one because I’m pretty sure it has only been washed once in three years!

No sooner had we done that, and four customers walked through the door, including two local business owners looking for special gifts!

The Happy Hippy continued the job at hand while I served the girls.

They certainly boosted my sales to the status of “very good” and today’s takings will cover the stock order that I sent through yesterday.

I spoke to Adele Basheer (creator of the Intrinsic line) on the phone today. She is so nice and she loves the name of my shop! I have an order with her that should be delivered in two weeks.

I used my new blender for the first time today and made myself a ‘mint condition’ - baby spinach, green apple, celery, cucumber, mint and coconut water. It was delicious and my cheap little $50 blender from Kmart worked a treat.

Now I need a new kettle because the spring loaded attachment that closes the lid, completely disintegrated on the old one - which has been used at the shop for almost 4 years and belonged to The Motivator before that.

It’s Beautiful Girl With the Long Blonde Hair’s birthday today. I didn’t mail her parcel until Tuesday which means she won’t receive it til next week, so through a local florist in Griffith, I ordered a big white pot full of different succulents to be delivered this morning. 

She loved it and it’s now sitting on her classroom doorstep.

I also made a video of myself singing happy birthday to her. More of a punishment than a gift lol.

The covid situation is looking a bit scary in NSW and we have everything crossed that Bubbles can still cross the border next month to spend time with us during her holidays.

Now I think it’s time to sleep. I’m feeling weary.





Oh and Hazie is one month old today!

Nite all.

No comments: