Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Saturday Boost

It was a busy morning in the shop.

Sales were very good and almost made up for the slow week.

I met a new lady to town who will probably join our art class at some stage. She seems like a lot of fun and will probably fit right in with my girls.

KLR came early to help set up the training room for art. Considering 2 days ago she was out for the count from her Covid vaccination, it was amazing that she was available, but she’s a trouper.

As always, it was a fun class and the girls did well.







By the time we packed ourselves and our goodies into the car for the drive home, it was after 4.30pm. I had to head straight into the kitchen to prepare Adoring Husband’s chicken curry for dinner so it was a full on day for me and I’m looking forward to sliding into my comfy bed.

My dinner was chicken salad.

We’ve watched three footy games tonight - my tipping has been abysmal and I’m on the bottom of the ladder in our family tipping comp.

I think I shall make myself some sleepy tea and climb under the covers. 

Happy Sunday everyone!

Nite all.

No comments: