Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Bit Twisty

I had a good day.

Coffee with the girls was enjoyable.

The Brains Trust was the last to leave and she got to watch me unpack some stock that arrived mid morning.

Nothing exciting - orders for customers and some wind chimes which is something we’ve not displayed in the shop before, so I’ve set up a stand to put outside but I’m a bit worried about how much noise they might make and whether the noise will disturb the workers in Elders or the neighbours.

Wait and see!

The Happy Hippy unexpectedly arrived and dusted the shop.

The journaling class went well although I didn’t have time to finish typing up the lesson so I could only issue the first of three pages.

I agreed to some further advertising by having the shop logo and details printed on score cards, application forms and something else that I can’t remember at the local bowls club.

I sold another of my photos and I donated a gift voucher to the town Friendship Club who are having a morning tea for cancer in June.

After journaling, we set up the room for meditation in the morning.

Sales were pretty low and I did not reach the magic minimum number that makes me happy.

But I still enjoyed my day.

It’s still my happy place.


Nite all.


No comments: