Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The Sleep In

Normally, on a Wednesday, I would jump out of bed at 6am when the alarm sounded, rush to get ready for work and be out the door at 6.35am to meet The Gypsy at 6.45am.

This morning, and every Wednesday from here on, I can sleep in until 6.40am because I won’t have to meet The Gypsy until 7.15am.

She now lives an hour and ten minutes away so our early meetings for a chat are not feasible.

We had a better crowd for meditation today and it was a good class.

The usual few stayed behind for a chat while The Gypsy and I chatted at my desk.

After she left, I priced and displayed the remaining stock that had arrived yesterday ...




I took it easy for the rest of the day.

I made myself a big green smoothie for lunch. It sure lifted my energy levels! But I still took it easy.

Sales reached the magic satisfying number.

I sold one of my photos!

Dinner was salmon and salad.

Big Brother entertained us.

Now I’m yawning and in need of sleep.


Nite all.



No comments: