Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 10, 2021

Belatedly Brilliant!

This was a thoroughly fabulous day!

The Brains Trust picked me up at 9.30am and we picked Aggie up, while Maid Marian drove her car and picked up Beauty.

We all met at “Salt” restaurant for morning coffee/tea.

I selected a GF berry friand to have with my tea and it was delicious! TBT chose the sponge cake and Aggie enjoyed the Tiramisu. I paid the bill as a thank you for always driving me on our adventures.

Our reservation at Cafe Balaena was for midday so we left with plenty of time to spare and we arrived right on time.

The owner, Jumping Jack, greeted us and sat us at a table that I wasn’t happy about because I specifically asked for a nice view of the water. We asked to be moved and we got this view ...


... which was much better!

We all ordered drinks and our meals ...






Before we knew it, Jumping Jack was placing a birthday cake with a sparkler in front of me, playing a personalised happy birthday song on his computer and dancing around my chair like a crazy person!

It was hilarious and fun and even though he does it for all of his customers celebrating their birthday, I felt special.





The other patrons all clapped and sang along too.

As we were leaving, he did a repeat performance for an elderly lady on the other side of the restaurant and we all clapped along.

On the way home, we stopped at Tinkerbells where I picked up my lay-by and purchased a ring - these were gifts from Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair for my birthday.


So my day was filled with all the things I love. Great food, great friends, great views, great atmosphere, great retail therapy.

Thanks girls for giving me a great belated birthday lunch. 😍😍😍

Now it’s approaching midnight and I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: