Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Inventory

I spent a good portion of my day focusing on numbers.

One of my consignment ladies from the Sunny Coast has decided to quit her job and sell her crystals from home, so she is coming to collect her goodies some time in the next few weeks.

I calculated how much money I need to send her for sales since the last deposit into her account and then did an inventory of the stock remaining in the shop and checked it against her written inventory.

There were a couple of discrepancies so I got that sorted and then sat down feeling a bit mentally drained.

I thought I should take a break because I promised Adoring Husband that after work, I’d help him gather all the figures for 3 financial years of his business and put it in his cleverly created spread sheets (ugh I hate spread sheets).

Aggie popped in to show me her hair cut that the new male hairdresser in town gave her. The colour, cut and style is gorgeous and she looks fabulous!

After a very low sales day, I came home and spent almost three hours doing the tax stuff with AH.

While he was finishing it off and emailing it to the accountant, I did a baked dinner of chicken, pumpkin, carrot, onion, beetroot, cauliflower, broccoli and home made gravy. It was delicious - even if I do say so myself!

Now I’m in bed at 9.30pm ready to sleep.

Though not profitable, it has been a busy and productive day and I’m a bit worn out.


Nite all.

No comments: