Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

All Worn Out

It has been a big day!

I’m kind of grateful that there was no meditation this morning. The early start might have done me in by the end of the day.

My delivery today was a half pallet load of stock tightly wrapped in black plastic.

It took me ten minutes with a Stanley knife to get the plastic off! Then I needed to sit down for ten minutes! It was like wrestling a seal!

The stock inside was worth the wrestle …







That beautiful white planter pot already has a place in my home!

There were also 72 owls that need tiny price stickers, along with 36 fridge magnets. That’s a slow and painful process that is not yet completed.

Sales were great so my pricing was interrupted often. Hopefully I can be finished tomorrow before the next lot of stock arrives.

Adoring Husband spent the day waiting for our new pool guy who thankfully passed the AH test and will be on the job monthly.

AH then had to pick up up the FROG box so it was well after 2pm when we locked up and left.

My body was complaining about the constant movement that I demanded of it all day long BUT the crisper drawers of the fridge required cleaning before we put the fresh fruit and vegetables in them so by the time I got changed and did all the little chores, I didn’t get to sit down for another hour.

I cooked duck breast for AH and barramundi for me with delicious salad for dinner.

We watched The Bachelor and then dragged our sorry butts off the chair and into bed.

Tomorrow is going to be another big day!

So … nite all.

No comments: