Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Kicked It

I’ve just gotta tell you this story about Adoring Husband.

We have a small step between the outdoor kitchen and the Bali hut in our pool area. It’s about 5cms high.

When the pool was first completed, AH kicked his toe on this step about 30 times …




So we put a big thick yellow strip along the top of the step to make it stand out enough that he would no longer kick it.

Unfortunately, he kicked his toe another 20 odd times before his brain finally caught on. 

Today, 2.5 years later, he removed the yellow tape so that he could clean the concrete. Two minutes later, he walked out of the kitchen and BAM!! He kicked his toe on that step!

It is damaged and raw and ugly - be grateful that I don’t have a photo - but by the time he came to the shop, he could see the funny side so he was laughing when he told the story.

I swear that man is going to be the death of me 😳

I had a busy day in the shop starting with morning coffee with the girls. I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with them because pesky customers were in early but sales were good today. 

A delivery arrived late morning but I was too busy to get it all unpacked, priced and displayed so that job rolls over to tomorrow. The trouble is that I have three other deliveries arriving this week so I think I’m going to be one busy bee!

Journaling class was very productive this afternoon and I added another three foolscap pages to the thirteen I did on Sunday.

One of the questions in journaling asks how my parents met and I didn’t know the answer so I messaged one of my aunties. She wasn’t sure so she promised to get back to me.

She phoned another of my aunties who then phoned me and left a voicemail saying she knew how they met and could I call her.

Well it took me two days to get back to her and I almost missed my chance because she was rushed to hospital in an ambulance the evening of the day she left the message! Thankfully she recovered and lived to give me the answers to all of my questions.

She will be 80 yrs old next year so I need to get as much information as I can from her. She and Uncle K (Dad’s brother) we’re the closest to Mum and Dad and Uncle K died six years ago so my living knowledge base is thinning out at a rapid rate!

The reason that I don’t call family is because they are ALL big talkers - especially the aunties - and tonight was a perfect example. Over 90 minutes on the phone! The last ten minutes were filled with her telling me how grateful she was that I called, how happy she was to hear my voice and how wonderful it was to hear from me.

It was a good call but those of you who know me, know how I hate talking on the phone 😳

She called just as I was serving dinner so I ate at the kitchen bench with the phone on speaker. Salmon steak with salad and home made coleslaw. Yum.

AH and I watched The Voice before coming to bed.

At least I don’t have to be up early for meditation tomorrow. It’s cancelled this week.

It’s after 11pm so it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: