Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 20, 2021

Tyre Kickers

The majority of my customers today were tyre kickers.

This wasn’t really a problem because I received two deliveries - one was a box full of coat hangers and the other a box full of clothes.

The steamer got a workout but I’ve still not finished steaming everything. There is not enough room in the shop to hang everything so I’m not certain what I’ll do. This requires some deep thinking.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to help me clear the training room of all the boxes and the half pallet from my multiple stock deliveries this week and then helped me set up the room ready for Saturday’s art class.

I had a lovely visit from The Brains Trust!

Apparently there is both a 60th birthday this weekend AND a 60th wedding anniversary because I had customers looking for gift ideas.

The weather was perfect and there were plenty of people out and about but none of them were in a spending mood so sales did not reach my minimum happy number.

My desk is a disaster area and if it’s not busy tomorrow, I think I’ll need to prioritise cleaning it. Messy desk, messy mind … can’t have that!

AH had to make a trip into The Bay and on the way home, he stopped at Craignish to buy some fresh prawns as a surprise for me. Yummy! I had some for a snack this afternoon and there are some left for tomorrow’s lunch. He’s a honey.

I think I’m ready to sleep now. I have a dinner date tomorrow straight after art, so I need to be well rested and well organised!




Nite all.


No comments: