Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Self Inflicted

Saturday was a great day.

In all ways.

Krocca arrived at 9.30am to help set up the training room for the art class. We always have quality time together. There are some people with whom you connect easily and Krocca is one of those people.

After we’d finished setting up, she left and it was a slow relaxing start in the shop which gave me time to do a few chores (which did not include clearing my desk) and mix my paints for the art class. I had a couple of sales but customers really began flowing in the last hour.

It was a busy final hour!

The class participants started arriving almost 15 minutes earlier than usual. There were only six of us, but it was a great group and we had a lot of fun.






Instead of trying to save the leftover paint that we’d mixed for the wave, I suggested we use it, however we liked, on a different canvas. 






We were finished before 3pm which gave us time to have a drink and a chat. 

I had plans for the evening and had to leave by 3.30pm to give myself time to be ready for a 4.30pm pick up. The girls knew this but I really had to shove a couple of them out the door at 3.30pm! 

Thankfully, it was a smooth preparation for me and I was ready with time to spare. The Brains Trust arrived as planned and discovered my Lorraine Lea delivery at the front door, which must have been there for 24 hours!

Clearly, we never use our front door 😳

This was our evening …









It was a fabulous evening. Great company, delicious food, beautiful setting and relaxing atmosphere. 

There were seven courses and some included gluten. It was silly of me, but I chose to eat them or at the very least, taste them all. 

This meant we had to make a hasty departure immediately after the final course, which was served almost 5 hours after we arrived. 

My body held up well until I arrived home, at which point I began to suffer.

I expect no sympathy because it was self inflicted and I would do it again … because it was worth it!

After a rocky start, I slept soundly until 10.30am!

My tummy complained for most of the day today but I remained in bed and ate healing food like vegetable soup for lunch and mixed berries for dinner.

Tonight I’m feeling much better.

I spent the day learning about narcissism, gaslighting and authenticity. Psychological terms worth knowing about and recognising the people in your past who can be easily tagged with these labels.

Very educational.

Tomorrow, my plan is for that Childers visit that has been cancelled twice now. Fingers crossed, third time lucky!

Nite all.

No comments: