Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 27, 2021

Life Choices

 For my friends and family who have recently received their CV shot or who know they will get one soon, awesome for you. I can see how relieved you are and I’m so glad that this option is available for you!

For my friends who aren’t sure they will get one just yet, or already know that they never will, I want to throw some love and respect your way too. I am happy that you have that choice. Medical freedom is important. 

The wonderful thing about informed consent is that two people with the same information, can make two completely different choices and neither of them is right or wrong. That is what medical freedom is and should be. 

There are benefits and risks to every medical procedure. Doing the “right thing” means you’ve weighed the risks and benefits for yourself, and are making an informed decision! The only wrong decision IMO is made purely out of fear, social pressure or emotional reactivity. If you have researched your decision and are comfortable with it....great! 

What’s right for one person, may be wrong for the other, both on an intuitive and biological level. We’re all doing the best we can with the information we hopefully have spent time digging into. 

Let this be a gentle reminder *for all* to please respect each other and be mindful of the message we put out there. 

Not everyone is “wrong” because they believe differently than you. They very likely have just as strong a reason for their choice as you.

Remember this information is also part of ones personal health information act and you have the right to not answer when asked whether you choose to get the shot or not. 

So whether you choose; 

✅CV shot 

✅No shot 

✅Tequila shot πŸ€ͺ 

You’re okay in my books and I respect YOUR DECISION 

You’re NOT ok in my books when you start being rude to others because they made a decision that was BEST for them. 

😎 “Copied + pasted”

I was very busy today but sales were low.

I must have spent close to two hours on the phone with four different sales reps. I was given a big bag of hand made jewellery to sift through, by a lady who visits town annually. I purchased her jewellery last year and sold all but two items, so it took me about 45 minutes to select my favourites from her collection today.

My macrame lady also popped in with two of her pieces that I requested shells be attached. She’s done a good job.

Because my sleep was very restless last night, I was feeling tired and lethargic by 1pm and the last hour of the day was a struggle for me.

This afternoon Adoring Husband was not feeling the best, so he lay down for a couple of hours. Instead of his usual Friday night fare, I heated up last night’s leftover green chicken curry for his dinner and I enjoyed a chicken, avocado and lettuce sandwich.

We’ve been watching the football but it’s almost 9pm and I’m ready for 😴 πŸ›Œ 


Nite all.

No comments: