Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 23, 2021

Lift Off!

And we had lift off!!

I finally got my trip to Childers!

We left a little bit earlier than necessary and surprisingly (or not), I suggested to Adoring Husband that because we had some time to spare, we should pop into the shoe shop!

😬

The results of that trip …


After my retail therapy, I met with The Gypsy and we drank a large ginger, mango and passion fruit juice over a two hour period while we shared feelings, thoughts, experiences, beliefs and ideas. 

The time passed incredibly fast but it was quality time and I left feeling energised and rejuvenated and inspired.

The traffic was pretty crazy on the highway both on the way to Childers and again on the return trip. The drive is not pleasant when everyone is in such a hurry to get to their destination, with lots of tailgating and risky overtaking. 

We were home well before 1.30pm and I prepared lunch while AH rested up after the stressful drive.

At 4pm we headed down to the shop to clear the training room ready for Tuesday coffee and journaling.

I cooked creamy chicken and mushrooms with broccoli and cauliflower for dinner.

We watched The Voice.

Now we’re in bed.

Feeling weary.


Nite all.

No comments: