Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thirsty Thursday

I started my day with a big fat green juice.

Baby spinach, apple, cucumber, celery, mint, coconut water and a scoop of powder which contains prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes and other vitamins and minerals. 

I was hoping it would give me an energy boost big enough to help me clean my desk, unpack new stock, steam the clothes, serve the customers, order more tissue paper and wrapping paper and answer my emails.

It didn’t.

By midday, I’d lost my mojo and parked my butt for the remainder of the day only moving it to serve customers.

Sales were good!

I had a brief visit from Mrs Bucket. She blew in and blew out like a little whirlwind.

Adoring Husband and I visited the butcher for a bulk buy just in case the truckies blockade next week.

As soon as we arrived home, I was straight into the kitchen putting a whole chook in the oven and also preparing a green curry chicken for dinner.

AH had SES training tonight so it was an early dinner for us both because he had to leave at 5.30pm.

On that note, I am off to bed. The Bachelor is over and I’ll watch the rest of the footy in bed.



Nite all.


No comments: