Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 2, 2021

Change of Plan

Our trip to Childers was canned at the last minute.

This didn’t bother me one bit because it meant I could stay in bed longer 😋

We decided to take a trip into The Bay.

I needed some canvases for the next art class but alas I was unable to find the sizes that I wanted.

I did find some paints, paint brushes and round brushes that I needed.

I bought the winning ticket in the $60million Powerball which will be drawn on Thursday.

There was grocery shopping, which included some toilet paper ‘just in case’ we go into lockdown and the crazy people out there go on a bulk buying spree.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch at Aquavue. I had grilled Barramundi with salad and the fish was cooked to perfection. The weather was  absolutely perfect and we sat outside under an umbrella.


I didn’t bother going into other shops because ‘checking in’ on the phone app is a pain in the butt and I wasn’t in the mood. Being a business owner, I shouldn’t be so fickle because so many businesses are suffering in the current covid climate.

We checked the mail before returning home and I received my new Rubyyaya top in the mail …

I already have this in three other colours, but I got this in the smaller size and it was 60% off on sale! I LOVE it! I’m considering getting a 2nd one!

When we arrived home, not so psychotic dog Colli had left a nice mess for us to clean up. I guess it’s to be expected when the poor old lady is locked inside for 5 hours.

We were both pretty buggered and Adoring Husband didn’t drink water during the day so the Parkinson’s tremor was a bit out of control, which put him out of action for the rest of the day.

We had an easy dinner and retired to bed after watching Beauty and the Geek.

I’m lying in bed watching the Australian girls lose the soccer against Sweden at the Olympics.

Time to turn off and sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: