Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Plum Tuckered

It was supposed to be an early start, but my body decided that 4am would be a good time to be awake!

Ugh.

By the time my alarm sounded at 6am, I was ready to fall back to sleep, so it was a struggle to get out of bed.

We still arrived at the shop with plenty of time to spare before meditation started and was such a good class it went 20 minutes overtime!

Almost everybody hung around afterwards for individual chats with both The Gypsy and I. I didn’t have the shop to myself until 11am.

Business was steady and I had an above average sales day.

My three new mannequins arrived as well as a new clothing display stand which Adoring Husband helped me assemble and I immediately filled it with Jenny Jazz clothing.

I’m feeling a bit scattered because I’ve let my desk area get messy again. I plan on spending tomorrow getting it sorted.

We arrived home a little later than usual and I got to work in the kitchen making a stuffed butternut squash for dinner. AH said it was delicious.

The Bachelor got our attention before bed called to me.

Here’s my grandbabies…




Time to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: