Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Sad Face

I received some stock today.

Stock that I had been looking forward to because it looked so beautiful in the catalogue.

Most are one size fits all and this particular brand is usually ‘oversized’ but these are snug on me, in some cases, tight! 

I had my eye on a couple of those tops for me and two of my regular customers were waiting to grab them as soon as they arrived, but alas the sizing is all wrong.

I will contact the supplier tomorrow and arrange some returns I think.

I’m very disappointed.

There were just three visitors for coffee this morning but I didn’t get to spend much time with them because I had customers requiring attention.

After the others had left and while the shop was quiet, The Brains Trust stayed a little longer and we had a good old natter.

Even though it was a busy morning, it ended up being an average day for sales - it would have been much better if the new clothing were better sizes 😳

There was more talking than writing in the journaling class today but we came up with a lot of new memories to add to our stories.

It was after 4pm when I got home and there were a few chores to do before starting dinner - home made paleo pizzas. Nice and easy.

We watched the finale of Beauty and the Geek before calling it a night.

Early start for meditation in the morning so it’s sleep time for me.



Nite all.

No comments: