Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 5, 2021

So Little Time

So much to do, so little time.

I rode my trike to work this morning, something I hope will become a habit, as it once was.

Today passed so quickly and I didn't get everything done that I wanted - I certainly didn’t have time to clear my desk. In fact I added more mess!

The clothes that I ordered yesterday, surprisingly arrived today! So it felt good to call my customer, who is here on holidays, and let her know that she could collect her top before leaving for home!

I had to order a stack more coat hangers because I have a stack more hanging space and a stack more clothes to hang there!

I paid for my Fathers Day order from Men’s Republic so it should arrive by mid next week.

My meeting with a sales rep has been postponed until at least next Tuesday because he is in lockdown on the Gold Coast.

I steamed clothes, tried them on, took some photos and posted on Facebook.

There was a break where I made some lunch and sat down to enjoy it with a cup of tea.

Even though I was riding my trike, Adoring Husband was still available to help me close the shop. He took my laptop and money tin home and I rode home with my handbag.

I was still feeling pretty energised as I walked in the door, so I changed out of my work clothes, pulled the bedding off the bed and asked AH to help me rotate the mattress.

This is a task and a half because it’s an ‘extra deep’ king size mattress and by the time we’d completed that task, I needed to sit down!

We watched Melissa Wu win the bronze medal in the Olympic diving. How freaking amazing was that 14yr old girl, Quan Hongchan, from China!?!? She was beyond awesome! So deserving of the gold medal and I felt like she deserved more prizes … a gold medal didn’t seem good enough for her.

I made paleo style tacos for dinner.

Eventually I found the motivation to remake the bed with fresh Lorraine Lea linen sheets and now I’m looking forward to sliding into bed. There is nothing nicer than fresh clean sheets. I wish I had a housekeeper to make my bed with fresh sheets every day!

When we win $80million in Powerball next week, that will be my first priority 👍

I told AH that we were going to win $60million tonight and he responded with “why can’t we win $80million?”

Nobody won tonight so the prize jackpots to $80million - AH has preempted the win so I look forward to celebrating with you all this time next week! 🥂

I’m off to bed to watch the footy as I fall asleep.






Nite all.

No comments: