Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Like a Lizard

I was flat out like a lizard drinking for most of today.

The Brains Trust and Reality TV Queen came for coffee this morning but I spent very little time with them  because those pesky customers kept walking through the door!

There are now two boxes of stock to unpack because I was too busy to open yesterday’s delivery and another was delivered this afternoon. 

The Artful Dodger visited this afternoon and as much as I love her visits, her timing today was awful because I had so much to do and very little time to do it.

I was grateful that the journaling class was cancelled. Not grateful for the reason - yet another Hervey Bay Hospital eff up.

In between all of this, sales were excellent.

Adoring Husband and I set up the room for meditation and I was very grateful to leave the shop and head home.

It was a busy day and I needed to stop.

I got to sit down at 3pm with my pot of anti-inflammitea to watch Tipping Point which is my new fave for winding down at the end of the day.

I cooked duck again for AH with veg and mushrooms.

It’s already 10.45pm and I have an early start tomorrow so it’s time to sleep.

Here’s that cake I made the other night …



Nite all.

No comments: