Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Happy End

It was certainly a happy end to my week!

I was running a little late getting to the shop this morning and Adoring Husband dropped me off at the supermarket before parking at my workplace.

He often starts opening the shop while I’m food shopping for lunch.

Unfortunately he was waylaid by a chatty local lady so by the time I got to the shop he was still standing at the front door while she chewed his ear off.

Before I got to the front door, I was waylaid by another business owner and her two grandchildren!

By the time we got through the door, we had three minutes to open up - usually a ten minute operation.

At 9am, The Artful Dodger arrived to help set up for art. We had to move quickly because Fishface was arriving at 10am.

AH left and then returned at 10am so that he could spend time with FF too - which I thought was a lovely gesture because he could have easily avoided a possible uncomfortable family gathering.

It was a perfectly pleasant hour interrupted by a couple of customers and feeding time for Mini Fishface …

Her new husband seemed really lovely. He was warm and friendly and very attentive with bub.

After they left, I had a busy hour serving customers. 

I made an avocado and tuna dip for art and while AH closed the shop, I changed into my art clothes.

We had a fun afternoon creating mermaid tails …







I refrained from savouring alcoholic beverages with everyone after art this week but I really enjoyed spending time with them after we’d cleaned up. They are a great bunch of girls.

It was almost 5pm when we arrived home and I stepped straight into the kitchen to crumb some chicken for dinner which I served with salad.

We watched the football - a fantastic game! It’s a shame there had to be a loser.

Now it’s almost midnight and I’m done for the day!


Nite all.

No comments: