Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Disturbing

I was so distracted reminiscing over old blog posts that I forgot to do Saturday’s post!

Oops.

I had a very slow Saturday at the shop, but luckily had a couple of visitors which helped the time pass quickly.

My first priority upon arriving home was to change into my swimmers and jump in the pool.

The water was perfect and I was having a fine relaxing and peaceful time soaking up the sun and listening to good music when suddenly Adoring Husband appeared and did his usual “let’s disturb the peaceful ambience and without any warning take an almighty leap into the middle of the pool” trick.

He thought he was hilarious until I asked “can I assume that you thought to take your hearing aids out?”

The smile disappeared, colour drained from his face as he reached up to feel for the aids and he rushed out of the pool to check if he’d taken them off inside the house.

Meanwhile, I spotted them on the bottom of the pool about 12” apart with Wally the mechanical pool cleaner rapidly approaching.

I dived under the water and was able to grab one of them but lost sight of the other so I was grappling underwater with Wally - like Steve Irwin wrestling with a crocodile - I had to drag Wally across to the other side of the pool because it was as if he was being drawn to the hearing aid like a bloody magnet!

Eventually I rescued the second hearing aid but it was too late.

I dried them and lay them in the sun hoping that the breeze and the sunshine would dry them completely and that they would still be in good working order, but alas one of them is dead.

*sigh*

That was the end of all tranquility.

Adoring Husband had a paleo pizza for dinner and I had a fresh fruit salad with blackberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango and raspberries.

For some strange reason I woke up at 3.30am Sunday morning and couldn’t get back to sleep so I played on my iPad until 5.45am then made myself some breakfast and a cup of tea. By 6.30am I was sound asleep again and didn’t wake up til 10.30am!

At 11.30am I was back in the pool where I stayed for about an hour. To dry off, I sat in my swinging egg chair with my iPad for another hour.

No frolicking husband this time!

I came inside to find AH watching the old movie “To Kill a Mockingbird”.

My plan was to clean my art room, but this is one of my all time favourite movies so of course I had to sit down and watch it.

After the movie I crumbed some chicken and cooked it up for our early-ish dinner, making one chicken Parma for AH.

We watched the Hey Hey It’s Saturday 50 Year Special and now here I am in bed.

Normally this would be my Covid post and while I do have some fresh information to share, I’ll save it for tomorrow.

AH and I have to head into The Bay tomorrow to pick up a framed painting for a customer, purchase an art station for my Art Studio and grab a few other things while we’re there. Well either do breakfast or lunch as well.

Let’s hope I get to sleep through the night without interruption.



Nite all.


No comments: