Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 8, 2021

Distraction Day

I lay in bed this morning thinking “Something is happening today … but what?”

I racked my brain but couldn’t, for the life of me, remember what it was.

So I pushed it from my brain and went to work.

There were a few sales in the morning up until 10.30am. Sales that did not reach my happy minimum and then came to an abrupt halt.

Adoring Husband had made comment about my almost 14,000 emails so I decided to start clearing them and got through almost 4000 (yes - four THOUSAND) before I was distracted.

I began to clear that disaster of a desk but was immediately distracted just clearing the first item.

I found some excess stock of jewellery in a draw so I decided to put it on display … but where?

The glass cabinets needed rearranging so I cleared space, dusted the shelves and polished the silver jewellery making room for the stock that I found and leaving room for the crazy amount of jewellery arriving next week.

We will need to assemble the two glass cabinets that have been stored in the bathroom because there is so much jewellery on it’s way … you know … ‘she who has limited self control’ requires more display area.

Just after midday, in walks my sales rep “LL” … THAT’s what I’d forgotten was happening today!

We sat in the back room going through the stock and I gave her a delayed order to be processed in November. Our meeting lasted about 30 minutes. I showed impressive self control.

I spent ten minutes in the kitchen scrubbing the paint off my sink and then washing the dishes.

What a lovely distraction happened next!

Rebel Mardi returned to make up for yesterday’s missed opportunity. We got to spend a good 45 minutes together catching up on so much news. I was truly delighted to have her all to myself for that time and she always takes me on a roller coaster of emotions.

Love ya Mardi 😘

As she departed, a customer walked in just before my closing time of 2pm. She wandered around for 15 minutes before deciding on her purchase and in the meantime her husband joined us. He and AH got chatting and it was 2.20pm when they left, but as they walked out, another young lady walked in!

She came in to purchase three “secret Santa” gifts and made her selections quite quickly.

Two pieces of jewellery that I had just moved to a new spot that day - one piece had been in the shop for four years and another for three! Just goes to show the value of rearranging stock!

So in the thirty minutes after I would normally be closed, I reached almost double my happy minimum in takings for the day.

I was very happy about that.

Since our new oven hasn’t been installed yet, it was up to me to cook our chicken wings for dinner. The electrician will be here next Thursday.

Here it is at 8pm and I’m ready for bed.

The football season is over so I can enjoy some early to bed Friday nights.

Tomorrow, I’m hoping for a fruitful Saturday morning followed by a swim in the pool.

Sorry, not sorry …


Nite all.

No comments: