Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Little Visit

What a fabulous surprise it was this morning to see Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver walk into the shop!

I knew they were coming to town today and I hoped that they would be here early enough for RM to attend our coffee morning but I didn’t think that would really happen.

Unfortunately, between the five other ladies in attendance and those pesky customers, I didn’t get much conversation with my friend but I have to say that the energy in the room was reminiscent of the good old days before our girls all started dispersing throughout the state.

It was a good energy.

There were also times when the seven of us sounded like hens cackling in the henhouse!

Now that the school holidays are over, I was expecting a quieter day in the shop, so just passing my minimum happy number was no surprise.

I received a box of stock which I processed quickly and I received a phone call from a rep who was in The Bay and who offered to deliver the stock that I’d ordered at the end of last week. She brought cases full of jewellery which I sorted through and from which I ordered a ridiculous number of items.

The day passed so quickly and journaling was canceled so Adoring Husband and I vacuumed the shop and set up for tomorrow’s meditation.

When I arrived home I hung out some washing, folded some washing, got changed, made myself a pot of tea and put my feet up to watch Tipping Point.

I’m not even going to tell you my sad tale of dinner disappointment.

It’s now after midnight! I need to be up early for meditation so I’m signing off!

Nite all.

No comments: