Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 4, 2021

A Little Fact

I was unaware, until recently, that in 1955 the first polio vaccine actually infected over 40,000 children WITH polio. 

The vaccine was withdrawn and it took another five years to develop a safe and effective polio vaccine.

Did you know that?

Just putting it out there.

I had a very pleasant Monday.

It was both relaxing and productive.

I had my first swim in the pool for this season and it was amazing.

It was super windy but the water was perfect. I swam ten laps which I thought was enough for my first time … my arm muscles might complain about that tomorrow! I did some stretching and dancing in the water and of course my favourite thing ... l floating in the sunshine ☀️

I admired the outline of my turtle on the wall which is still waiting to be painted 😳

Of course I did lots more covid/vac research and dropped a few people from my Facebook friends list - the angry ones who have been brainwashed and hate people like me for looking past mainstream media and discovering truths.

Even though they have nothing to support their beliefs except the mainstream narrative, they make derogatory posts insulting the people who think differently to them and I am one of those people. If they want to insult me, I don’t need them on my newsfeed or in my life.

I try to keep FB clear of negativity. I’m not always successful but I continue to try.

Adoring Husband and I drove to the shop to clear the art room ready for coffee morning tomorrow. It didn’t take long because most of the cleaning up was done by the girls on Saturday after art, but the kitchen is still pretty messy.

I’ll worry about that tomorrow.

After we got home, I phoned The Motivator who has been in Sydney lockdown for three months and seems to be coping quite well. We talked for well over an hour, sharing lots of covid information and catching up on life events.

It doesn’t matter if we’re on the phone or face to face, we talk a LOT! I guess that happens with like-minded people/friends.

In the end we had to hang up to cook dinner, but by then I couldn’t be bothered so I made cheese and tomato toasties for AH and I ate my prawns. I also fed him a big bowl of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and cream sprinkled with grated premium dark chocolate (the raw chunks from Nanas Pantry). 

He was pretty happy with that.

We’ve had a couple of big storms scoot by us this evening. One of them was heading right for us but it split in two and half went south and the other half went north!

It’s almost 11.30pm and I’m feeling quite weary. Sleep time for me.


Nite all.


No comments: