Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Surprise!

This is number two of two blog posts - the covid-free one 🤗

There was no Sunday in bed for me.

It was a stunningly beautiful day. The temperature was mild. The breeze was just right. The sun was shining. The sky was blue.

We drove into The Bay.

We bought an oven!

It is a pyrolytic self cleaning oven that has an inbuilt air fryer! I’ve never used an air fryer before but I’ve heard good things. This oven has very good reviews and will hopefully last longer than the last two.

It’s being delivered on Tuesday.

After we organised the oven, which took about 15 minutes, we went to Officeworks where I intended to spend $20 but ended up spending $140! You know how it is.

Bunnings was next where we hoped to find a particular lawn mower. No luck there, but my god, there were people everywhere!! It took us ten minutes to find a park and the queues at the checkout were almost out to the garden section! 

Note to self: Don’t go to Bunnings on a Sunday.

Off to Stocklands to do some grocery shopping, but first we found Su Jus Cafe where I ordered my fave J6 juice, AH got a coffee and we each selected a peanut butter slice which was ‘to die for’!

I was lucky enough to score six beautiful sunflowers 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 from Coles, we got our groceries, stopped at Craignish on the way home for some fresh seafood and lucky for us, the car battery did not go flat.

By the time we arrived home, AH was not feeling great so while he rested, I unpacked the groceries, made him some lunch, fed the dog, shelled my crab and made my lunch and we watched a Netflix movie together.

I crumbed some chicken for dinner.

We watched the NRL Grand Final and were both disappointed in the outcome. Not a fan of Penrith. Big fan of Souths and Wayne Bennett.

Now it’s well after 11pm so I’m off to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: