Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Reminiscing

One of the expert witnesses in the Supreme Court case that I’ve been live streaming stated yesterday that if you are fully vaccinated you are 13 times ‘more likely’ to catch and spread the virus.

When asked if vaccines were dangerous to pregnant women or women hoping to fall pregnant, she replied “yes”.

When asked “is it true that the vaccines have never been studied for effectiveness and safety?” she replied “Yes, they have never been fully studied.”

Just putting it out there 😋

I had a great day today!

Sales were crazy for the first half of the day which added to the nice ‘kitty’ that I’d set aside for this afternoons face time appointment with a jewellery supplier.

After lunch, I did some more work to the art that I started yesterday …



It’s going to be fun, easy and therapeutic in the next class.

I got distracted reading my blog from the very beginning when I was in New Zealand for Chicklet’s birth. It was a very emotional read and much more interesting back then, compared to some of the drivel that you’ve endured in recent years!

I’m amazed that I’ve kept this going for ten and a half years!

At 1.30pm Adoring Husband arrived.

At 1.50pm the supplier phoned me to set up for our appointment.

At 2pm my lovely friend Rebel Mardi unexpectedly walked through the door and Adoring Husband got to spend quality time with her because I was committed to my appointment 😩 It was so frustrating to be so close and yet so far and it was difficult to focus on the job at hand because I wanted it to be with Mardi 😢

Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be and I spent a veritable fortune on some prize jewellery pieces that should arrive by Tuesday next week. Some that I selected for my own personal collection 😬

It was well after 3pm when my call was finally terminated and we could pack up and go home. The supplier was supposed to call back 30 minutes later and also email me the invoices but I waited for over an hour before she finally came through. That was a bit annoying.

I was a bit shocked by how much I’d spent 😳 but she designs lovely pieces and I’m sure they will move well leading up to Christmas.

Tonight’s dinner was barramundi and salad.

I’m very tired now.

Nite all.


No comments: