Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 11, 2021

Financial Luck

There were unexpected savings aplenty for us today.

We drove into The Bay at around 9am and our first stop was Truckloads to purchase a Mont Marte Creative Art Station …

I phoned them on Friday to confirm that they had them in stock and to verify the price, which they quoted at $249. We could get it online for that price, but in addition would have to pay $65 shipping.

We quickly found the box on the floor and took it to the checkout where they charged us $200!

Unexpected that was!

A young man found a trolley and wheeled it to the car for us. The station has a metal frame and is quite heavy, so we were grateful for his assistance.

We decided to stop at Su Jus Cafe for a coffee and a green juice.

Nana’s Pantry was next on our nonexistent list to find tapioca flour and Roogenic’s tea. I got myself some more Anti-inflammitea because I drink it every day. I expected that they would hike the price up but it was the same as online - less the shipping.

Next we stopped at the framers to pick up my customer’s framed artwork. The original quote was for $245 but when I took the cash out of my purse he dropped it to $200!

Stocklands is where we had to take Adoring Husband’s hearing aids. Surprisingly and thankfully they are still under warranty (we thought the warranty had run out) so the broken one will be replaced and we sent the other one with it to be serviced. What luck!

I went for a walk to some clothes shops where I walked in without checking in - my little experiment to see if I got pulled up. No-one pulled me up or checked with me. 

I tried two white tops on in Just Jeans and almost bought them at $60 each, but at the last minute I decided that they weren’t exactly what I was after so I put them back on the rack.

I walked next door to Suzanne Grae’s where I found two white tops. A simple white t-shirt and a sleeveless white tunic style top. They were exactly what I was after and they were priced at $20 each so I took them to the counter where I was charged $27 in total!

That adds up to approximately $4,117 of unexpected savings for the day 🤗

There were fresh sunflowers in Coles so I grabbed two bunches and then found some beautiful big KP mangoes in the kiosk out the front, as well as some locally grown tomatoes - Roma and Beefsteak.

On the way home we stopped at Craignish and I bought some cooked sand crabs and tiger prawns.

We dropped the framed painting in at the shop and I checked the mail. My Natopia leggings finally arrived, as did my bottles of Vit 3D drops and a nice box of delicious silver and gemstone jewellery.

It was 2pm by the time we’d finished unpacking everything and sat down with our lunch.

We were both feeling a bit weary and at 4pm AH said he was going to lie down for a bit - that was three hours ago.

I got some washing off the line, tidied the mess I’d made in my bedroom this morning when I was trying to get ready and now I’m lying in bed ready to make a ‘to do’ list for tomorrow. There is much to do!

One thing that I discovered today is that my jeans are uncomfortably tight so it’s time to be more discerning about what goes into my mouth. The pool has warmed up at just the right time so I can get some movement and activity happening with this old body.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day with the shop, morning coffee with the girls, journaling and then an art class at the club in the evening!

I’ll try to remember to take pics!


Nite all.

No comments: