Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Psychology of Conformity

This is a ten minute video about conformity vs nonconformity. I found it quite interesting. I’m not sure that you will but thought I’d share it anyway.


I had a great day at the shop. It was a slow start but I finished with a flourish and sales were impressive.

More stock arrived - essential oils, room sprays and reed diffusers - which I processed easily.

I started to photograph the new jewellery but didn’t get very far. I still need to photograph, price and display it and I have some new ideas because it’s too beautiful for basic displays.

I cancelled journaling because we had an art workshop tonight and I knew I couldn’t manage work, journaling and the art class.

This is the outcome …


It was far more challenging than I expected but I enjoyed the class and having six of my art girls join me made it pretty great.











There were thirty in attendance including one male and I didn’t get photos of everybody’s work but everyone seemed to have a good time.

We were there for three hours and it’s the first time in nineteen months that I’ve been to the club! 

Anyway, it’s almost 11.30pm and I have meditation in the morning - which will be interesting because there’ll be no Gypsy to run the class. Eep I’ll be winging it!

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: