Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Long Day

Something in the air or a change of energy brought only five people to meditation this morning.

It was late yesterday that I found out The Gypsy couldn’t take the class, I had no contact details for the regulars and I knew it was too late to post it on the FB page so I was prepared to lead a discussion group and provide tea and coffee to fill the void.

Before I even offered, the first group of four decided to go for coffee so I received some warm hugs and off they went. 

The fifth person arrived soon after they’d left and we sat in the training room chatting for a little while before she received a phone call from those four people inviting her to join them, so off she went and I was given two extra hours in my work day!

I spent my first hour creating new files and filing.

As I was making a cup of tea at 8.30am, my first customer walked through the door. She browsed for about twenty minutes before complimenting the shop and making a good purchase.

I had a few customers just like that today.

I finalised a couple of orders.

I photographed all the lovely new jewellery that came in on Monday. These are a few of my favourite pieces …






I have to say that the extra two hours certainly wore me out and I was looking forward to heading home at 2pm.

Thankfully my good sales made the hours worth it.

At home I put my feet up for two hours - edited some photos of the jewellery and posted them to FB.

I cooked duck with vegetables for dinner, watched Gogglebox and Love it or List it then came to bed. 

It’s already 10.30pm and I’m buggered.

Nite all.

No comments: