Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Like a Lizard Again!

Flat out like a lizard again today.

Crazy busy with huge sales and I think you can notice that stock is reducing now - slightly.

Some of the better quality jewellery moved today.

People were purchasing bulk birthday and Christmas gifts, spending a LOT.

Usually I tally up the purchases three or four times a day - because I’m a firm believer that putting energy towards the incoming money encourages more through the door - but I didn’t have time to do that until the end of the day.

It was a very pleasant surprise!

I did have a quick 20 minutes to peel my fresh prawns and make a nice seafood sauce to dip them. I only got to eat 6 of them - the rest sat on my desk for three hours until I could munch on them again (much to Adoring Husband’s dismay).

I’m still alive.

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair is leaving her place on Saturday and heading in this direction! Wahoo!! Finally!!

This afternoon, AH had a teleconference call with the Parkinson’s Professor in Brisbane who is monitoring his condition. 

I was with AH when he first met this professor more than eight years ago, but I haven’t been with him on any other visits which happen once or twice a year. It’s been 2 yrs since the last appointment thanks to covid.

So today, I got to throw in my 2 cents worth during the meeting. 

I think Prof Silburn enthusiastically received my input and told AH that it has been scientifically proven that walking for 30 minutes at least three times a week improves the condition and it’s proven to last for at least ten years.

He also mentioned that AH has a slow moving form of Parkinson’s and that still being a young man, he needs to put some effort into his own health and ‘get moving’.

Thank you Prof S!!

He will also be changing one of his meds.

I felt good about that call and now I can get bossy with AH - you all know how I LOVE to get bossy with AH 🤣🤣🤣

It was nice to sit back with a cup of tea after the call and discuss/create the walking plan.

I think BGWLBH will be instrumental in setting this plan in motion.

AH cooked chicken wings for dinner tonight, which was nice after such a hectic day for me.

It’s now after 10.30pm and I’m feeling weary.



Nite all.

No comments: