Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Comparatively Speaking

Today was my quietest day since Christmas.

Sales were good but with few customers.

I created an extensive ‘to do’ list and an inventory of furniture and fittings, which is quite intimidating when I think about getting rid of it all.

I cleared one drawer in the training room.

The day passed quickly and I had to empty a very full FROG box when I got home, but after that, Adoring Husband and I went for a swim in the large bath tub in the back yard. Honestly, the water was very warm, which is just the way AH likes it, but for me it doesn’t feel very refreshing to swim in water that temperature.

Tonight’s dinner was soft tortillas followed by berries and LF cream.

I’ve spent a couple of hours deleting photos from my iPad, but I think after 4 years, it might be time for a new iPad. It has reached its maximum storage capacity and I continue to delete apps and photos and videos with minimum effectiveness.

It’s already 10.30pm so I think I’ll go to bed now.



Nite all.

No comments: