Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Not Quiet

When we drove past the caravan park this morning and noticed how empty it was, I expected a quiet day in the shop.

I was wrong.

It was a nice steady day that accumulated into great sales.

The Happy Hippy arrived early and spent her time steaming my pre loved clothes ready for me to price and display. There was also some excess stock that needed to be steamed and displayed.

I received two deliveries in the mail - one full of Poppy’s home made chocolates and one with four tops and some white jeggings from “Tulio”.

Blonde Bombshell was transferred from Brisbane to The Bay where she can commence her rehabilitation after her horrific car accident. Everyone is pretty excited that she is so close to home and it means she’ll get lots of visitors to help support and encourage her healing.

Unfortunately I’m a dirty unvaxed so I can’t visit. But I’m excited that she’s improved enough to be this close. We’ll catch up eventually.

The Speckled Hen came to the shop today. She still looks very fragile. It’s been a month (already) since she lost her partner. She was with his daughter today.

I had another visitor who needed to vent about her son’s drug abuse and the resultant estrangement from the family.

Life is always interesting in my happy place..

We left right on time and dinner tonight was chicken cooked in lime and honey with a side salad.

Now it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: