Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 21, 2022

Ten More Days

There are ten days remaining in January and if I continue to sell stock at the same rate as these past few weeks, there won’t be much left by the time I close.

It’s now noticeable that stock in the shop is reducing.

Today was another amazing day of sales.

One customer returned for the third time today and I almost signed the shop over to her! She has certainly taken advantage of the 30% off sale!

I met some interesting characters today. 

A Dutch couple who were up for a chat and we talked about small communities that reject change and development and how it effects the future for younger generations as the aged population die off. It was quite interesting as they compared their community to this one.

Another woman in her 40s currently in a huge legal battle with her employer over unlawful mandates. She and 30 of her colleagues all fighting together and supporting each other, but what made her special was that she is wealthy in her own right and doesn’t ‘need’ to fight for her job, but is doing it for the rights of her co-workers and friends.

An older lady who arrived first thing in the morning and purchased a bag full of birthday and Christmas presents, as did another young woman mid morning.

A woman brought in her four children who were enjoying a “yes” day. THAT was an expensive little outing, but the smiles on those kids faces were priceless!

So it was a great day, but also another tiring day. There wasn’t time for any clearing or packing that’s for sure.

When I got home, I even lay down for ten minutes just to rest my weary bones.

Tonight’s dinner was an easy green chicken curry with rice.

Adoring Husband went for his first walk this morning but he overdid it and has been asleep in his chair for most of the afternoon and evening. 

I gave him a break from cleaning the kitchen tonight and did it myself as he slept.

Now it’s almost midnight again. No wonder I’m so bloody tired all the time 😳




Nite all.

No comments: