Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

What’s Next?

I met my old workmate at the Lions Park for coffee (or in my case, tea).

They recognised me immediately and even though it’s been 15 years since we’ve seen each other, they hadn’t changed a bit either. Greenie was just as cheeky as ever and we spent 2.5 hours attempting to catch up on all of those years.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable morning and I’m so annoyed that I didn’t think to get a selfie with them!

I rode my trike for the first time in a year, which was a bit daunting when riding into the head wind! I also found the new walkway near the outriggers shed which is wide enough for trikes and mobility carts so the ride to my meeting was a touch shorter than usual.

After the meeting, I met with the real estate agent to talk about moving my shop to where the laundromat is. I took measurements, asked a few questions and am now waiting on those answers before I make a decision.

I arrived home at 1.30pm and we all drove out to Howard for lotto tickets.

We drove the long way home via Torbanlea and Toogoom which was lovely and green.

A quick stop at the butcher for some mince and I cooked up a lasagne for dinner, which was delicious!

After dinner was a movie “Definitely Maybe” followed by MAFS.

I’ve just been informed that the mask mandate will be dropped at the end of this month! 😁

Time to re-evaluate!

Some pics of my Chicklet learning to surf. What a cracker! I’m so proud 🥰






Meanwhile, I’m going to enjoy my sleep in tomorrow morning.

Nite all.


No comments: