Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Wrong Day

 I was absolutely certain that today was Sunday.

I was wrong!

For me, it started with a swim in the pool. I swam a few laps and then floated blissfully for about ten minutes. The water was perfect and the sun was warm.

BGWLBH was already out there when I arrived and Adoring Husband was back to erecting the raised vege planter pod. I’ll take a pic tomorrow to show how fabulous it is.

We all enjoyed a smoothie for lunch. Pineapple, banana and mango with coconut water.

We watched The Untouchables.

A visitor popped in to collect some money for our share of a syndicate ticket in powerball. She saved me from having to run down to her house which was a lovely gesture. She was out for a walk with her puppy dog.

I brought my washing in and folded it as well as adding another load which I hung out tonight.

Did our own thing for an hour or so until I cooked some chicken for dinner. BGWLBH had already prepared some salads and I heated a cup of the chicken soup that she had cooked yesterday. It was delicious! That was my dinner.

After dinner, we played trivia. BGWLBH won before I’d even won a single wedge piece! We are using the Baby Boomer questions and some are really easy while some are bloody difficult! They seem to suit AH quite well. He’s a bit older than us so he’s closer to Baby Boomer age.

We decided to watch American Graffiti. It’s one of my fave movies but BGWLBH had never seen it. She didn’t enjoy it so much. AH slept through most of it.

Now it’s 11pm and I’m ready for sleep.

It seems that Google doesn’t want me to add any pics to this post tonight so that’s all from me.

Nite all.

No comments: