Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 18, 2022

Lady of Leisure

What a perfectly great day!

I slept until 9.20am.

At 10.30am I left my bedroom and made a cup of tea to accompany my fresh prawns. It was probably closer to brunch than breakfast.

I decided to check the pool water and it was perfect so I changed into my swimmers and jumped in. After a few laps, I stepped out and found the folding lounge so that I could lay in the sun for a while. Twenty minutes later I returned to the water and swam some more laps.

I found one section of pipe on the pool cleaner had split, so I removed it and Adoring Husband gave me another section to replace it.

While I was swimming, AH was putting together our new vege pod. He asked for my assistance a couple of times otherwise I sat in my egg chair and watched YouTube and Bitchute videos.

Dr McCullough

BGWLBH made a chicken soup with the carcass of our roast chicken and the vegetables in the fridge. She’s a busy little beaver and a wonderful personal assistant!

At 2.30pm I remembered that I had to meet a customer at the shop so that she could pick up some items that she had set aside last week. While she was there she selected a couple of other pieces of jewellery and ended up spending almost $300 so it was worth it for me.

I did some grocery shopping and bought junk food. Big mistake. My tummy was VERY unhappy after I ate an entire packet of GF chocolate coated red frogs!

Ugh!

So my afternoon/evening was not as pleasant and leisurely as the morning.

AH cooked our chicken for dinner but I only ate two nibbles and returned to bed.

It’s now 10pm and I’d like to sleep and try to wake early for a walk on the beach.


Nite all.

No comments: