Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Weirdness

Today felt a bit weird.

I was out of bed by 9.30am making some breakfast and I sat with BGWLBH and watched Grace and Frankie.

A couple of days ago we decided to make a list of our favourite movies, reduce the list to a manageable number and then watch one each day.

Today, it just happened that “Empire of the Sun” played on one of the Foxtel channels so we watched it. It was on BGWLBH’s list and I’ve never seen it before. It was a great movie with some big names.

Tonight, I’ve discovered that “The Untouchables”, also on the list, is playing at 1am on Foxtel, so I’ve set it to record and we can watch it tomorrow.

After our movie, I stepped outside to check the water temperature in the pool. It was so nice, I took my top off and slid into the water for a few laps. It was lovely.

Our raised vege garden pod was delivered today so Adoring Husband has the job of putting it all together and filling it with soil. I have a tin of mixed seeds for BGWLBH to plant (she has the green thumb and loves to garden) so we should soon have some delicious fresh vegetables to enjoy.

At 3pm I prepared a whole chicken and a pan of vegetables to bake in the oven. Dinner was ready by 5pm - I’m loving this early dinner idea - and we played Trivial Pursuit for 90 minutes afterwards.

It’s already 11pm! I think I’ll head to bed now.






Nite all.

No comments: