Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 14, 2022

Over and Out

Well, not quite.

I still haven’t given notice to the landlord so I’m holding out for just a little bit longer and I could still teeter either way.

It’s the weirdest feeling because I’m ok with whatever decision I finally settle on, but I may need a sign from the Universe.

With all the feedback I’ve had during the last 6 weeks, I feel like my place in the community is needed and appreciated and holds more value than I realised so I’m quietly re-evaluating.

The RE agent suggested my decision is premature and I know they’re not saying it just because they want the money because they will take over the space if I choose to leave.

I think I’ll take a week or two to sit with it. No pressure.

Today was another busy day of big sales but there is still quite a lot of stock remaining. I’ve decided to take some of the clothes to the local op shop, the rest of it, I’m unsure.

At 1.30pm I opened a bottle of Riccadonna and poured myself a glass and raised it to me.

We locked up and left the shop at 2.30pm taking the bottle of alcohol with us and after putting a little bit of food in my belly, I poured a second glass after I got home.

We played our new (second hand) Baby Boomers edition of trivial pursuit this afternoon and by the time dinner was served BGWLBH was in the lead, and the game is now on hold until next time.

Bangers, mash and salad for dinner. Yum.

MAFS had my attention at 7.30pm and now I should sleep because I have a 10am date tomorrow with an a old workmate from Griffith! I’ll try to remember to take a pic!

Happy Valentines Day! ❤️ Thank you to BGWLBH for my chocolate heart this morning which I enjoyed with my cup of tea.


Nite all.

No comments: