Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Area Hunting

It was a late start for me today.

I woke at 9.30am!

A text message from BGWLBH, sent 15 minutes prior to that, was waiting for my response. Did I want to go for a drive into The Bay for some essentials?

I thought it would be a nice chance to have some time together, which we really haven’t had, because 1. I’ve been working. 2. There is nowhere that allows unvaccinated people to attend and 3. Adoring Husband is always around, so I responded affirmatively and jumped under the shower to make myself presentable.

We drove into Eli Waters and shopped in Woollies. I bought myself a lovely bunch of flowers which included three sunflowers 🌻 and some reasonably healthy snacks for AH. I did not take a mask and nobody questioned me.

I must say there were people who made a special effort to speak to me! One worker asked if I needed help when I was searching for something. A customer in a queue suggested I go to the express checkout and pointed me in the right direction. The checkout girl asked me how my day had been so far, commented on how pretty the flowers were and wished me a happy rest of my day!

I think people really enjoy interaction when they can actually see a smiling face and watch a mouth moving in response. In the real world, it’s the way humans are meant to behave and I believe people are really missing that.

It was funny to see the son of our previous town butcher. He saw me and called out. I didn’t even recognise him at first! We had a great chat. He and his family are not vaccinated. His Mum had the first jab and won’t be taking the second which means she’ll lose her job in childcare, which she’s sad about.

They are looking to buy a butcher shop in Dalby which he’s very excited about.

I didn’t get to do any interesting shopping because it’s Sunday and nothing much is open. The little dress shop was closed, as was the jeweller. So my purse full of money remained full.

We stopped at Craignish where I purchased some prawns and a couple of barramundi fillets which we ate for dinner tonight. They were much better than the fillets I get from Coles.

On the way home, we took a couple of detours into the country part of Craignish, the old area of Toogoom and to Raintree Acres. Trees and a wrap around verandah are on top of BGWLBH’s list of desires for her new home, so those areas seem to fit the bill nicely.

This afternoon we spent a LONG time searching for the movie “Always” starring Holly Hunter and Richard Dreyfus. I finally found it on Apple TV and we all watched it together. Tissues were required and if I’d been alone in the room, more than one tissue would have been required!

We all watched MAFS tonight. BGWLBH only watches the dinner party night and the commitment nights because they have the most drama 🤣

Now it’s time to sleep.

Here is the new raised veggie pod …


2 metres long and 1 metre wide.

Looking forward to planting some seeds!

Nite all.

No comments: