Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Jam Packed

I woke at 8.30am.

Adoring Husband had arranged for somebody to come quote for a carport, so I decided to get up and join him for the appointment.

Unfortunately, the guy giving the quote was a Manly supporter so I told him we wouldn’t be accepting his quote (only joking). He will email the quote through in the next couple of days, but he seemed very knowledgeable and confident about his job and was also very engaging so unless his quote is astronomical, we will probably go with it.

It will take 19 weeks to complete! 

They are so busy that they can’t even start building a shed until November!

After he left, I joined BGWLBH under the Bali hut and I jumped in the pool for a swim. I was in the pool for so long, I got sunburn on my forehead, cheeks and nose.

We came inside at midday and prepared lunch. Fish bites and salad and crackers with avocado dip and fruit.

We decided to continue our trivia game after lunch but soon we realised that there would be no winner so we moved into the lounge room to watch a movie from our list - “St Elmo’s Fire” from the 80s.

Next was a walk along the beach before preparing dinner …





I made a red curry for dinner which fed AH and BGWLBH. I had an orange 🍊 

MAFS was next on the agenda and now I’m watching The Hundred which is a lot of fun.

Tomorrow morning I have a date with The Gypsy at Bamboo Land so I need to sleep before midnight.


Nite all.

No comments: