Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 25, 2022

Overflowing

168mm of rain in 24 hours.

The pool was overflowing and creating a small sink hole at one edge of the pool.

In patches, the back yard was ankle deep with water.

Lots of long low rolling thunder and a couple of loud claps that scared the pants off us.

There has been a storm sitting stationery out at sea all day so we’ve been hearing thunder all day, but it seems to be breaking up and moving south now. The thunder seems to have stopped.

We may be in the clear.

BGWLBH and AH sat in the outdoor area and watched the rain while I remained in bed until 9.30-ish and then joined them. 

When there was a break in the rain, BGWLBH and I decided to head out to check the damage in town, but we only made it round the block - she was walking and I was triking - when it came tumbling down again.

After lunch, we played trivia.

AH received a call out for a leaking roof at the shops, so BGWLBH and I watched the movie “Stand By Me” from our list.

Being Friday night, it was AH’s turn to cook chicken wings for dinner.

While BGWLBH busied herself with the stress of the distant storm, AH and I watched the football.

Now it’s time to sleep.

I can hear it raining again! It’s not heavy though. It looks bad down south and Best Cousin in the World is on high alert as the Mary River rises and approaches her home. I hope she’ll be ok.



Nite all.


No comments: