Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Flood Watch

My goodness!

Mother Nature is certainly stamping her authority on Queensland at the moment.

There are too many flood zones to mention them all but Gympie and Maryborough are once again under water and the Mary River hasn’t even peaked yet.

It’s predicted to reach record levels and Best Cousin in the World is preparing to evacuate her house and drive their camper van up onto the ridge. This is a once in 100 yr event and takes a hell of a lot of water for the river to reach her house.

It’s very worrying.

So many people have been evacuated from their homes and thankfully a lot of  businesses had enough warning to clear their stock before the water rose … but it’s only been a month since the last flood. It must be so discouraging for them and I imagine it would be hard to motivate yourself enough to keep going.

We were lucky enough to only have a few light showers today. It was enough to deter the walkers and the swimmers in the house.

BGWLBH drove me to our local shops where I shopped for some delicious recipes that I’d found online. 

The first one was Coconut Lime Chicken which we had tonight with garlic butter asparagus and char grilled zucchini. It was perfect sprinkled with coriander which seemed to balance out the lime flavour.

You can find the recipe here if you want to try it. I should have taken a photo!

Tomorrow will be a lamb roast. Monday will be Mediterranean Chicken.

It’s nice to be back in the kitchen, especially with two guinea pigs in the house!

We had nachos for lunch and Adoring Husband and I spent the afternoon watching replays of old Gogglebox shows and the football.

No trivia tonight. Lots of footy to watch.



Here’s hoping all the people remain safe tonight as the rain continues to fall and the rivers continue to rise.

Nite all.

No comments: